Goal : Decode
Carefully read the words in your hand. Match parts of similar words to get rid of your cards first and become an ace at reading!
The Ace of Reading 1 is designed to help children ages 5½ to 8½ read more difficult to decode words. The three card decks it includes aim for three challenges: reading frequent groups of letters (eg, in, an), letters often decoded in the wrong order (eg, al pronounced la) and two consecutive consonants (eg, br).
- Have the child read words containing the following spellings:
- (Love letters) ai, an, water, eu, in, oi, on, or, un;
- (Deceptive spellings) al, ar, el, er, es, ir, is, or, ur;
- (Malicious consonants) bl, br, cr, dr, fl, gr, pl, pr, tr.
- Enrich the child's vocabulary.